It’s been a while since I’ve posted some artwork. This one was actually started in 2006, and out of boredom, I decided to add some touch ups, scan, and colour it. Man I have got to get a tablet or something.
I hope I can blog some more interesting content once I start work. These days have mostly consisted of rolling around in bed until noon (I’m sick again), and whining about how much I need to study yet still not doing so. I did get to participate in an unofficial gingerbread making contest on Saturday at a friend’s house. It was girls vs. boys, and anytime you have battle of the sexes, obviously girls are going to win. We chose to make Snoopy’s dog house, while the guys attempted London Bridge (photos stolen from Justin):
Note the Snoopy & Woodstock chilling on top!
Before you ask, yes, the title of this entry is borrowed from Taylor Swift’s latest single. I am so in love with her album. You should go listen to it. Nowwwwww.
Happy holidays everyone!
A non-comprehensive list:
- Sing Disney songs.
- Daydream about what to do with my freedom after the exam.
- Stare outside my window and wonder why the hell my backyard neighbour needs three satellite dishes:
- Practice my signature.
- Read MLIA, TFLN and FML on my phone.
- Admire how great of a hair day I’m having, lament how there’s nobody to witness it except my family who couldn’t give two shits about the state of my coif.
- Read things in a British accent. Everything sounds more legit with a British accent.
- Fawn over the adorableness of Chuck & Blair and John Krasinski & Emily Blunt:
(Fictitious couple) Chuck Bass & Blair Waldorf
(Real-life couple) John Krasinski & Emily Blunt
- Write disapproving remarks in the margins about the textual content.
- Experience Tetris effect without actually playing Tetris.
- Recalculate how much reading I need to accomplish per day given the time remaining, fully aware that I’m not going to stick to schedule anyways.
- Wonder if people actually use pipe cleaners to clean pipes.
- Recall hilarious scenes from The Office and chuckle to myself.
I like drawing fluffy hair curls.
- Try to invent new pen-spinning techniques, drop my pen everywhere, give up, accept that I will never be as 1337 as these guys.
- Draw anime poop in the margins of my books and label it as “gross margin”. (I know, I’m such a hoot.)
- Make lists about things I do to keep myself amused while studying.
I do not endorse pedophilia.
This is somewhat random, but here’s a drawing I completed a while back. It’s Edward Elric and Roy Mustang from FMA. Edward’s pretty fun to draw, but I can’t say the same for Roy. His simple character design is actually quite misleading. It took me a long time to perfect the symmetry of his face. But damn, I love his eyes. Done in pencil and darkened in Photoshop, and I have added it to my gallery.
I have no idea how this idea popped into my head. I don’t read fanfics, nor am I a fan of shounen-ai/Roy x Ed. I guess I just wanted an excuse to draw them. So basically, Roy totally knows what he’s doing, and Ed is somewhat annoyed by the outward display, but clearly is not resisting. Also, yes, that is Winry and Hawkeye in the background, bawling their eyes out. Sorry girls :P
It’s final exams. I’m bored. Logical plan of action: put up gallery of selected old artwork.
Hope you like it :D
I haven’t put up any art in a while, so here you go. I was surfing DeviantArt one day over the holiday break, and came across a beautiful photograph of a face. It had strong lines and shading, yet felt soft somehow. I decided to try to draw it because the angle was really interesting, so this is the result. I got lazy with the nose and eyebrow, so they look really flat.
I know it’s uber-grainy; I took a photo with my shittacular cellphone camera. Maybe some time later I can actually get it scanned. Anyways the photo was really light, so I just sharpened it up a bit in Photoshop, and I unintentionally gave it a skin-toned hue, with fades at the top and bottom. I swear I have no idea how that happened, but I like it. Except the graininess really bothers me, AUGH!